Monday 28 October 2019

Finishing Making the PYP Happen: Implementing Agency.

I am finishing up my course called Making the PYP Happen: Implementing Agency.  I learned a lot about using different applications.  Below is my last entry as to what I learned and what I thought about the workshop.

  • Identify which of the PYP teacher capabilities you have selected.

As a learning support teacher, I will select teaching approaches, resources, technologies, learning experiences and assessments that are inclusive and effective for diverse students.

  • Consider what success in these areas might look like and what approaches you could use to continue learning post workshop.

To demonstrate success, I will encourage teachers to use accommodations not only for learning support students but also for any student in the classroom who may want to try the different approach.  This could be graphic organizers, tactile objects to help focus (ex. silly putty), using manipulatives to understand a concept, frequent breaks from deep concentation, sitting on something besides a normal chair while studying, demonstrating a concept in a home language rather than the school language, choice in form of assessment, and to some extent, listening to audio while reading a text. These are just some ideas but this can be adjusted and added to for student diversity.

I also have a goal this year of teaching students self-advocacy for their learning differences by helping them understand their IEP goals.  For the older students I want them to understand and be able to explain their learning differences.

  • Consider what evidence would demonstrate your growth as a PYP educator.

Evidence will be seen in my ability to collaborate with the students' core and specials teachers in order to help them with differentiation for diversity. 

Along with answering these questions, I want to share some of the fun things I was able to create as a result of this workshop. 

I made my own display of the IB Learner profile:

I learned to design my classroom which is really handy since I am moving to new room this next week as well as one for a class activity.

I learned to use the activity of Compass Points. 
North=Need to Know
East=What I am Excited About
South=Strategies I learned that I will be using
Worries= What worries me about what I am learning





I learned to make a poster to demonstrate what Agency means in the PYP


Finally, I made a mind map to demonstrate all the different factors of the Primary Years Program.  I really went into detail with this because I needed to organize all of this in my mind. 





We did other activities but I thought these would be fun to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment